Sunday, September 4, 2011

Welcome to my "Cozy Kitchen"!

The leaves are turning, clean breezes are blowing, backpacks are hanging up in the hallway and my love for baking is blooming once again!  Isn't it amazing how the aroma of food cooking awakens the senses and can bring back so many wonderful memories?  I love the feeling of walking into my Mom's house and she has brownies baking or seeing her canning at the stove.  Baking to me creates a warm and cozy atmosphere for my family and creates lasting memories for them to enjoy and even pass down to their children.  Being that Labor Day is on Monday, we are enjoying our three day weekend and I had some banana's left over from the kids' lunch so I decided to make banana bread!  Take a deep breath...Hmmmmmmmmmm....it smells delicious in my house!!  This recipe comes from my Mom, she is a wonderful cook and has taught me so many things in the kitchen.  Cooking is not hard and if you can find recipes that are not complicated, it can make even the person that does not enjoy cooking find themselves loving it!  Hope you find this recipe easy and create a wonderful aroma in your kitchen.  Now excuse me while I go pour a glass of milk and have a taste of this bread for ya.  ;0)



Banana Bread

1/2 C. Butter
1 C. Sugar
2 Eggs
3 Banana's mashed
2 C. Flour
1 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
2 1/4 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 C. Nuts (I use walnuts)

Mix together and bake in loaf pan @ 350 degrees for 40 - 50 minutes.  (I split this recipe up into two loaf pans but it can make one large loaf.)

1 comment: