Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Perfect Cookie

I have made lots and lots of cookies....but I have found the "perfect" Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Recipe!  Seriously good.  Just had one with my cup of hot tea for breakfast.  Crispy on the outside, moist and chewy on the inside.....I am making you want one right now aren't I?  :0)  I actually split the dough in two and I made one with raisin's and the other with chocolate chips.  I haven't tried the chocolate chip ones yet but my dear husband had 4 so I think they might be good too!! 





I found it on the Taste of Home Website:
 

Directions

  • In a large bowl, cream the shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture, just until combined. Stir in the oats, raisins and pecans if desired.
  • Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten with a greased glass bottom.
  • Bake at 350° for 10-11 minutes or until golden brown. Do not overbake. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
The only revisions I made were to use Butter Flavor Crisco and I found that baking it at 13 minutes was just perfect. 

Ingredients

  • 1 cup shortening
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 cups old-fashioned oats
  • 1 cup raisins
  • 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, optional

1 comment: