Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry with Noodles

Today was one of those days where I really needed to go grocery shopping but thought I would take on the challenge to see what I could fix with what ingredients I had.  For chicken breasts, I buy the frozen bag of chicken tenderloins at Sam's Club...easy to thaw and the chicken is more tender.  I only had about 6 tenderloins so I automatically think "stir-fry!" (if you know me at all, you know I could eat some sort of asian food everyday).  I normally buy jasmine rice to go with my stir fry but I was out and I had about a 1/2 package of fettucini noodles so here is the final product...still simmering in all it's goodness.  It was dee-lish....my wonderful children helped me make fresh squeezed lemonade and also served Silver Queen corn on the cobb on the side....



So there really wasn't a recipe but here is what I did:

Boil about 1/4 to 1/2 package of fettucini noodles.  Rinse and set aside.  Add about 3 TBLSP. oil to wok and get hot.  Add about 6 chicken tenderloins that have been cut into about 1 inch pieces.  Next add about 1/2 large sweet onion.  Sprinkle this with garlic powder or about 1/2 tsp chopped garlic.  Saute until chicken is no longer pink.  Remove from pan.  Add about 3 cups of frozen broccoli and saute.  I added about a 1/2 can of chicken stock to this.  Pour your chicken/onion mixture and noodles into the broccoli.  Let that saute together for a few minutes.  If you like a thicker sauce like I do mix about 1/4 cup of soy sauce and 1 tsp. of cornstarch mixed together and add to stir fry to thicken.  Voila! 

No comments:

Post a Comment