Thursday, September 8, 2011

Blackberry Cobbler....no other introduction needed.

It's Thankful Thursday in my lovely daughter Selah's kindergarten class today and we ARE thankful for Blackberry Cobbler, are we not?   I will just keep this short and sweet....just like the pictures below...






These blackberries were picked at the one of my most favorite places in the world.....my Mom and Dad's!  Here is the recipe because I know you will want to make this one! 

Texas Cobbler

2 Cups peaches or other fruit
2/3 cup sugar

Combine these two and set aside.

In quart baking dish:
1 stick of butter ~ Set in oven or microwave to melt.

Mix together just until combined...don't over stir:
2/3 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Flour
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
3/4 Cup Milk

Pour batter over melted butter.  Pour fruit over batter ~ Bake in oven @ 325 degrees until golden brown about 45 - 50 minutes.  ~ Serve warm. 

Tip:  We like to serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top but my Dad (who is originally from West Virginia) likes to pour milk over the top just as you would cereal.  Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment